Crooked Star Bulldogges
Puppy Purchase Contract
This agreement documents the transfer of ownership of ________________________ (puppy/dog) from Bernie and Chris Keasler, Crooked Star Bulldogges (CSB) (seller) to ________________________________________________________________________
(buyer), located at_________________________________________________________.
This agreement shall remain in effect for the life of the dog.
- This puppy is being sold with no known or genetic defect. CSB certifies that, upon receipt, the dog is in good health and has been immunized and de-wormed per the accompanying health records. The buyer agrees to have the dog examined by the buyers veterinarian at the buyers expense with 48 hours after taking possession of the puppy.
- General Health Guarantee: Each puppy was examined by our local D.V.M. (Alvarado Veterinarian Clinic) and unless otherwise stated, the puppy was deemed to be in good health on _____________. As stated in #1, the puppy has been immunized and de-wormed per the accompanying health records. Buyer is responsible for all vaccinations after purchase. In the event of any pre-existing health issues, we will refund your money (minus shipping if applicable) or provide a different puppy (if one is available).Some pups may leave the premises with minor protozoal infections, such as Giardia/Coccidia. These are NOT major, and can easily be taken care of with very inexpensive medication. These are NOT from bad breeding; they are from factors associated with breeding. Small traces of intestinal worms may be found in some puppies, even after one de-worming. Simply, have your puppy rechecked during your initial health exam.
- Genetic Disease Guarantee: CSB guarantees our pups to be genetically sound and free of any “life-threatening” disease in terms of currently detectable genetic disorders for up to 12 months of age. In the event of a life-threatening genetic disorder, with proper documentation, the puppy with the disorder will be returned to CSB and your puppy will be replaced. Hip Dysplasia is NOT considered a life-threatening disease or defect. Although CSB make every effort to reduce the risk, Brachycephalic Airway Obstruction Syndrome is a well document condition that can affect the EOBs, because of this, CSB specifically excludes this condition from our guarantee.
- In addition, the Genetic Disease Guarnantee does not cover any of the following conditions: Intestinal parasite (Coccidiosis, Giardia, Worms), Kennel Cough, Pneumonia, Ear or Skin Mites, Mange (Demodictic, Sarcoptic or Cheyletiella), Cherry Eye, Allergies (food or skin), Herniation (Inguinal, Perineal or Diaphragmatic), Stenortic Names, Small Trachea, Entropian, Elongated Soft Palate, Undescended Testes, Luxated Patellas grade 1-3
- If the veterinarian does not give the puppy a clean bill of health, the buyer must notify CSB immediately. CSB reserves the right to have the puppy re-examined at CSB verterinarian at CSB’s expense. The buyer must send a copy of all examination results to CSB by email with 5 days of receipt of the puppy, failure to provide examination results will render the Genetic Disease Guarantee null and void.
- Crooked Star Bulldogges is not responsible for puppies/dogs infected with Canine Parvo Virus or any kind of bacteria after 48 hours of delivery. Parvo is extremely deadly and un-fortunately very abundant. We release pups with updated vaccines; however, pups released before 9 weeks old still need two more sets of vaccinations at 9 and 12 weeks old. As the new owner, it is your sole responsibility to make sure your new puppy is not infected by exposure to Parvo or any other common disease due to lack of immunization.Until fully immunized, the new owners, puppy and any currentlyl owned pets should not go to pet stores, dog parks, shared yards/play areas or any other places in which another dogs are or may have been, including fence to fence situations, since the virus is passed through fecal and/or saliva. We also HIGHLY recommend water bowls stay inside to prevent contamination from mice or birds who will have a potential to drink from it. In a case of parvo, please notify us immediately for assistance. DO NOT bring your puppy back here because of the high risk of contaminating our property.
- All guarantees are VOID if puppy/dog has not received proper care in what a normal person would consider humane. If CSB is made aware that the buyers has abused or neglected the puppy/dog, CSB has the right to take possession of the puppy/dog and NO REFUND will be given. In addition, the buyer will assume all legal and third party fees associated with the repossession.
- As a buyer, you agree to never put one of our puppies/dogs into a shelter; shelters are not effective in finding new homes. In the event, for whatever reason, buyer cannot properly care for the puppy/dog, Buyer agrees to relinquish the puppy to Crooked Star Bulldogges or designated agent. The puppy/dog may not transfer ownership without the express written consent of Crooked Star Bulldogge. If permission is granted, it is the responsibility of the buyer to convey the terms and condition of this contract. THE NEW OWNER MUST ABIDE BY THE STIPULATIONS HELD WITHING THIS CONTRACT. Transfer of ownership or relinquishment of the above listed dog without Crooked Star Bulldogge’s written consent will result in possible legal action and a penalty of $5,000 agreed upon by the buyer. Crooked Star Bulldogges will try to place the dog in a loving permanent home so that the animal can have a loving and caring environment. Buyer also agrees to reimburse CSB for all out of pocket expenses in rehoming the puppy/dog.
- CSB is not responsible for the dog’s ability to breed or the quality or size of the litters. In addition, CSB offers no guarantees as to size of the puppy, eye color, or coat color as the puppy grows into an adult.
- The CSB will assume no shipping costs associated with the sale or replacement guarantee. CSB will not ship any animal without an adult escort. All animals are the responsibility of the owner once they leave our property. Seller agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Crooked Star Bulldogges, Crooked Star Ranch, Bernie and Chris Keasler or designated agent for any unforeseen and or undesirable circumstance that may arise during the shipping process.
- The CSB assumes no responsibility for medical expenses, mortality, landlord’s disapproval, allergy, or any other undesirable circumstances once the dog has left the seller’s premises.
- Buyer MUST keep original Bloodline/Kennel name “Crooked Star Bulldogges” preceding the given name. Ex. “Crooked Star Bulldogge Charlie ” you may change Charlie , but not “Crooked Star Bulldogge” bloodline/kennel name. Cost of bloodline change is $5,000. If the bloodline designation is changed without written consent of original breeder, legal action may be taken by CSB and or the original breeder (it not CSB) for purchase amount of bloodline change.
- This dog is being sold as a Pet_________ /Breeding dog ________. (Buyer and seller initial intended purpose of dog.) Pets must be spayed/neutered by 10 months old and may not be used for ANY breeding purpose. If “Pet” is bred, buyer agrees to pay a penalty of $5,000 and relinquish said dog along with any remaining puppies. Crooked Star Bulldogge is not liable for a refund for the dog or refund for ANY expenses accrued. Buyer agrees that transfer of ownership is not complete until the above listed puppy/dog is fixed, which means Crooked Star Ranch owns the animal while un-altered. We recommend spaying/neutering all pets unless they will be used for responsible breeding purposes. Many veterinarians believe spaying and neutering your pet will help the pet’s long-term health and risk of disease.
- Registry papers will either be supplied at time of purchase, or in some cases will be mailed within 45 days of purchase. We will mail the papers within 72 hours of receiving them from the registrar. Please be understanding and patient the registry can take as long as 2-3 weeks to return papers to us.
- Crooked Star Bulldogges retains Stud rights to all males not sold as “PET” as stated above. Buyer agrees not to neuter without our evaluation first. Dogs that are dominant or constantly marking can be neutered after we are notified.
- Deposits and final payment will be made in cash, postal money orders or credit (at 3.5% fee.) Final payment is due 10 days before the puppy is shipped or the day they are picked up. No personal checks accepted unless previously discussed. Deposits are non-refundable unless set forth in this agreement. PayPal payments are NON-REFUNDABLE, no exceptions. Buyer agrees to work with the breeder to come to a resolution; if an agreement cannot be made then buyer must abide by part 18 of the contract.
- Crooked Star Bulldogs is NOT a veterinarian. We only give information based on knowledge from our breed and years of animal experience. Our opinions should not be substituted over a qualified physician. Please, if you ever have doubt, call a licensed D.V.M.
- Buyer agrees to avoid civil action. If any disagreement arises and the buyer/seller will try to amicably come to a solution. If this is not possible, buyer agrees to binding arbitration from 3rd party arbitrator designated by the seller.
This Agreement represents the entire agreement between the parties. Seller and Buyer have made no other agreements, promises, representations or warranties, express or implied, unless specifically stated in this Agreement.